16 Hour on the Job Training Course
Price: $100 | 2-Day Course offered Thursdays & Fridays | Walk-ins welcome or register online to guarantee a seat
This course must be taken within 90 days after pre-assignment certification. A written examination is given at the end of the course. A passing score of 70% is required for becoming certified. Star Security Training’s experienced instructors are fully certified by the NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services.
Security Training Topics Covered:
- The role of the security guard in protecting property and lives
- Legal powers and limitations
- Handling emergency situations
- Access control procedures
- Communications and public relations
- Report writing
- Ethics and conduct
- Reviews and examination
Bring the following on the day you take the course:
1. A picture ID (Must be either government issued or school issued)
2. Your Social Security Number
3. Payment (cash only)
4. Notebook and pen for taking notes
All classes start at 9 am sharp. Check-in and registration start 30 minutes before class starts. Please arrive no later than 8:45.
We look forward to meeting you and jumpstarting your security guard career!