New York State Forms for Maintaining Your Security Guard License

Lost your license and need a duplicate?  Got married and changed your name?  Applying for a security guard license for the first time?

These events require you to file a form with the New York State Division of Licensing Services.  Failure to do so can jeopardize your license and employment.  We've put together a handy infographic that provides form descriptions and links to get downloadable forms to print when the need arises.   It also provides links to get security guard license status, appointment setting for fingerprinting and FAQ on license renewal.  We recommend bookmarking this page as a useful reference or sharing with others.



Preview NY State Division of Licensing Services Forms:

  • Duplicate License/Registration Request (form 1508-f)
  • Change Notice form (1473-f)


NYS Duplicate License Form


Lost your license?  You'll need to get it replaced.  Use this form


NYS Change Notice